The Spanish club or the El Circulo Espanol was formed in 1924; and like the “Cercle Francais” the club was made of entirely of advanced students from the Spanish Department. In their monthly meetings students were regaled by different songs and plays performed in the Spanish language.
Also like the French Department the Spanish Department was housed under the Department of Romance Languages will into the 1930’s. According to the Geneva College Course catalog, the goals for the Spanish department were to impart on the students, “ a practical knowledge of the language, which will enable him to read, understand and use Spanish of ordinary difficulty. Some practice is given in commercial correspondence”.
 Geneva College Course Catalog, 1927, 69.