In the 1923, Geneva College’s French Department organized, -the French Club or the “Cercle Francais” was an organization open to students with advanced level of knowledge of the French language and a high standing in the French department. The Cercle Francais met once a month where small plays and other “attractive programs” were performed.
Both the French and the Spanish Department were joined under the Department of Romance Languages will into the 1930’s. According to the Geneva College Course Catalog, the aim of the French Department was to familiarize students with the proper technique in speaking the French language, through learning to “pronounce French correctly, read correctly, speak fluently and to acquaint him with some of the best writers and their literature. Exercises in prose composition and conversation are employed frequently. All classes are conducted in the French language”.